- 4 lbs. U.S. Farm-Raised catfish strips
- 1/8 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Peanut Oil for frying
- 1 lb. Guidry’s Fish Fry (or other premium Cajun seasoned fish fry)
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350º degrees F.
- Prepare a pan or baking sheet by placing several layers of either paper towel or brown paper bags in it. (used to absorb the excess oil after frying).
- Place all spices in a small mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Place catfish in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat the catfish with the mustard then sprinkle the coated fish with the spice blend making sure to evenly coat all pieces of fish.
- Pour fish fry into another mixing bowl or deep pan.
- Place the coated fish into the bowl containing the fish fry. Roll the catfish strips in the fish fry until well coated.
- Place catfish strips into hot oil and cook until the strips float to the top and are a golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer and drain. Place fish in pan that has been prepared with several layers of paper towel or brown paper bag to remove any excess oil.
- Serve with Guidry’s Original or Jalapeno hushpuppies and French fries or coleslaw. Serves 8.