- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ cup melted butter
- Lemon wedges
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. thyme
- Preheat large heavy skillet until very hot.
- Combine paprika, salt, onion, garlic powder, cayenne, white pepper, black pepper, thyme and oregano in a small bowl.
- Dip fillets in melted butter, then in seasoning mixture.
- Place in hot skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until blackened.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.